CFO-graduate conference Carleton
Aug 23, 2019 → Sep 17, 2019
PUBLIC ISSUES and PUBLIC REASON
A Conference of Applied Ethics and Critical Social Sciences
The Public Issues and Public Reason conference (PIPR) is a multidisciplinary conference at which graduate students from a variety of programs and
disciplines will present papers analyzing current social and global challenges through the lenses of political theory, applied ethics, and critical social sciences.
Location: Carleton University, Ottawa
Thursday, October 31, and November 1, 2019
Dr. Ami Harbin, Oakland University
Call for Abstracts
Submissions are welcome from graduate students in philosophy, law, social sciences, public policy, political theory, economics, and health policy on any topic related to applied ethics,
critical social sciences, and social/global challenges.
Instructions for applicants:
• Abstracts (with title) must be a maximum of 500 words.
• Applicants should remove any identifying information on the abstract page and include a second page with their name, email, and affiliation.
• Abstracts should be submitted to
• Accepted abstracts will be allocated a total of 40 minutes for presentation and discussion.
• Deadline for abstract submission: September 16, 2019
• Notification of acceptance by: Sep 26, 2019
• For more information please email
The PIPR conference is sponsored by the Ethics and Public Affairs programs at Carleton University.