CSWIP membership is open to philosophers and others with a commitment to supporting women interested in philosophy, and women in philosophy, and to fostering feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism. Presentation at a CSWIP conference is open to everyone who supports the organization’s aims. Presenters need not be CSWIP members, but must register for the conference. The conference committee will set registration fees accordingly, with differential rates being offered to members and non-members. The CSWIP membership year begins in September.
- Ada Jaarsma-- President
- Sylvia Burrow -- Vice President
- Kathryn Norlock -- Past President
- Judy Pelham -- Secretary/Treasurer
- Christine Koggel -- Communications Officer
- Cathy Maloney -- co-ordinator, CSWIP at CPA
- Catherine (Cato) Clune-Taylor -- Graduate Student Representative
- Nikoo Najand -- Graduate Student Representative
About the Logo
Borrowing from the common Mirror of Venus mark symbolizing women, each circle represents a head, a mind, that feeds into the tributary trunk of the society. Together, they form a group coming together with their knowledge to form a tree, with different, individual branches in different directions. The logo was designed by Tim Garvie from Creative Services at the University of Alberta.