CSWIP membership is open to philosophers and others with a commitment to supporting women interested in philosophy, and women in philosophy, and to fostering feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism. Presentation at a CSWIP conference is open to everyone who supports the organization’s aims. Presenters need not be CSWIP members, but must register for the conference. The conference committee will set registration fees accordingly, with differential rates being offered to members and non-members. The CSWIP membership year begins in September.
- Catherine Clune-Taylor - President
- Ann Levey - Vice President
- Jane Dryden -- Past President
- Carolyn McLeod -- Secretary/Treasurer
- Monique Lanoix -- Communications Officer
- Jonathan Ichikawa -- Co-ordinator, CSWIP at CPA
- Emily Bingeman -- Graduate Student Representative
- Atoosa Kasirzadeh -- Graduate Student Representative
About the Logo
Borrowing from the common Mirror of Venus mark symbolizing women, each circle represents a head, a mind, that feeds into the tributary trunk of the society. Together, they form a group coming together with their knowledge to form a tree, with different, individual branches in different directions. The logo was designed by Tim Garvie from Creative Services at the University of Alberta.