Call for Chapter Proposals: Transgender Narratives
May 18, 2018 → Aug 01, 2018
For this collection, we seek submissions in these areas, but are open to pieces that combine multiple areas or offer new ones:
• Feminist Intersectional pedagogies for trans teachers and trans students
• Transfeminine and transmasculine narratives
• Transition narratives
• Family Studies/Perspectives
• Performance and representation in fashion, social media, pop culture
• Materialist feminist critiques of gender/sexuality
• Criticism of TERF activism
• Intersections of race, gender, and class
• Legal studies
• Political activism/social movements
• Creative works in any genre involving these or related issues
The co-editors Kristi Carter and James Brunton welcome individual and co-authored proposals and chapters (or creative works)
from both established and emerging scholars, including graduate students.
Expected length of abstract: 200-250 words. Deadline: July 31, 2018.
Expected length of scholarly pieces: 5,000-8,000 words.
Expected length of creative pieces: flexible, but not to exceed 8,000 words.
Proposed deadline for full chapters: September 30, 2018.
Please submit to
Women's Press Vancouver, B.C.