INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PHILOSOPHY, CFP
Jan 22, 2018 → Feb 16, 2018
IAEP welcomes papers and panels in the following areas:
• environmental philosophy, environmental ethics, environmental aesthetics, ontology, philosophy of nature, etc.
• environmental political theory, environmental justice, postdevelopment/postcolonial theories, etc.
• environment and disability, ecofeminism, queer ecologies, indigeneity, race and environment, etc.
• environment and culture, ecocriticism, environment and affect, urban ecology, environment and technology,
philosophy of architecture, environmental art and activism, environment and religion, etc.
• critical animal studies, animal ethics, animal rights theory, etc.
This year we especially encourage papers on posthumanism, the Anthropocene, animals, the place of
philosophy in the new environmental humanities, etc.
Paper proposals: Please send a single-spaced Word document (prepared for blind review) including a proposal
(500-600 words) PLUS a short abstract (75-100 words, for the conference program).
The body of the email should include detailed contact information (including physical and electronic addresses), academic
affiliation(s) of the author(s) AND whether you will require A/V equipment. (We cannot guarantee A/V
equipment without this indication at the time of submission.)
Panel proposals (max. 3 papers): Please send one single-spaced Word docume blnt (prepared for blind
review) including a title and a 350 – 500 word abstract for the panel followed by titles, proposals and short
abstracts for each paper as described above. The body of the email should include contact information and
affiliations for each author, plus an indication of whether A/V equipment is required. Paper proposals will
also be judged individually and may be accepted individually without acceptance of the entire panel.
ALL SUBMISSIONS and ENQUIRIES should be sent to
Authors may submit only one proposal for consideration. Papers previously published or under review for publication
will not be accepted. Accepted authors must be members of IAEP and registered for the
conference by September 15, 2018 or they will be removed from the program