Lawrence University, Wisconsin, dept. philosophy, TT, metaphysics
Sep 02, 2020 → Dec 02, 2020
The Department of Philosophy at Lawrence University, a liberal arts college and conservatory of music in Appleton, Wisconsin, invites applications for a tenure-track appointment
at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate must compellingly demonstrate a capacity to teach metaphysics, broadly construed.
Candidates are expected to have an ongoing program of high quality scholarship. In addition, we seek candidates with broad teaching competencies and an interest in
advancing the philosophy curriculum. The successful candidate will be passionate about working with undergraduates in a liberal arts setting, and contribute to one or more
interdisciplinary programs at Lawrence. This includes contribution to our Freshman Studies program, which presents an interdisciplinary introduction to the liberal arts intended
to support new students’ fundamental skills as readers, writers, and thinkers.
Duties include 6 courses per year on a 10-week term system (2 classes each term), research, academic advising of students, and university and department service toward shared governance.
The successful candidate will have earned a Ph.D. in philosophy by the time of appointment (September 1, 2021).
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We encourage applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by:
(1) further diversifying the faculty,
(2) demonstrating experience with successful diversity-related initiatives, creative activity, or research, or
(3) showing interest in developing inclusive pedagogy to address the needs of a diverse student body.
Closing Date: For full consideration, all materials should be submitted by December 1, 2020.
To Apply: Applicants should submit the following at website
(1) a cover letter, in part explaining their commitment to diversity and inclusion,
(2) a current curriculum vitae,
(3) a statement of current and future research plans,
(4) a statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching excellence,
(5) a sample of written work. Applicants should also have at least three letters of reference sent to
For more information: Web address for more information website
Contact name Andy Robinson Contact emai
Contact phone 920-832-6564