Kalamazoo College, Associate Executive Director
Jan 13, 2019 → Feb 01, 2019
The Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership at Kalamazoo College is currently searching for a visionary Associate Executive Director
who will bring energy and creativity to key stakeholders and college, regional and global partners.
The position is for a two-year term appointment.
General responsibilities will be:
• to maintain and develop key programs
• to assist in the administration of the center including supervision of staff
• to serve as the social justice lead on key college committees
Specific portfolio pieces will also include:
• supervising the Activist-in-Resident Project
• participating on the College’s Diversity and Inclusivity Advisory Council
• supporting the Fall 2020 With/out Borders Conference
• convening the Arcus Center Advisory Board
There will also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop, in collaboration with Center staff and other stakeholders, social justice events and programs of their own.
The successful candidate will have:
• demonstrated social justice leadership experience
• non-profit management skills
• an understanding of the workings of an institution of higher education
• the ability to foster collaboration and a sense of shared purpose
• outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• a willingness to listen, learn and engage others’ areas of expertise in support of social justice leadership
• MA or MFA or higher degree are desirable.
The Associate Executive Director will report to both the Academic Director/Acting Executive Director of the Center as well as the Provost.
The campus of Kalamazoo College is located midway between Chicago and Detroit/Ann Arbor in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a metropolitan community of 335,000,
which supports several college and university campuses along with numerous civic arts and cultural associations.
Thirty-five miles from Lake Michigan, the area offers many opportunities for outdoor activities.
For more on the College see Job Announcement. Job Announcement. Applicants are asked to upload the following items, in PDF format:
a resume, cover letter, detailed statement of commitment and experience in social justice leadership practices, description of experience in management of non-profit programs,
and statement on experience working with students, faculty, and community partners.
A list of references will be requested of semi-finalist candidates.
Questions may be directed to Julie Marron-Parker
Click Here to Apply. apply
Completed applications received by January 31, 2019, will receive full consideration, with later applications reviewed as needed until the position is filled.
Kalamazoo College encourages candidates who will contribute to the cultural diversity of the College to apply and to identify themselves if they wish. Equal Opportunity Employer.