College at Brockport, SUNY, T-T, assistant prof, Women and Gender Studies
Jan 16, 2018 → Jan 23, 2018
The College at Brockport, SUNY, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level with expertise in gender and sexuality to begin Fall 2018.
The position is within the Women and Gender Studies Program (to become a department in Fall 2018) with an affiliation with the Department of Sociology.
Women and Gender Studies offers a thriving major and minor, drawing on multidisciplinary expertise to equip students with a feminist and intersectional perspective on the world.
The position offers the opportunity to help shape the future of the field at the College.
The faculty member in this new position will teach three courses per semester (two in Women and Gender Studies and an elective course in Sociology),
maintain an active scholarship program, advise majors in Women and Gender Studies, and make service contributions to the Women and Gender Studies program,
the College, the field, and/or the broader community.
1. An earned doctorate in women and gender studies or in Sociology from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally
recognized accrediting organization, completed by the start date.
2. The ability to teach engaging, high-quality, undergraduate courses on gender and sexuality.
3. Ability to teach an engaging, high-quality, introductory course in Women and Gender Studies.
4. Active program of scholarship leading to peer-reviewed publications.
5. Ability to work within a diverse college community.
1. Graduate certificate in women and gender studies.
2. Ability to teach a high quality core course in feminist research methods
3. Ability to teach a high quality course in lesbian and gay cultures.
4. Prior teaching experience in women and gender studies.
5. Prior experience advising and mentoring students.
6. Sustained engagement in the larger women and gender studies profession.
to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, CV, contact information for three professional references,
evidence of teaching excellence, and a scholarly writing sample. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
Applications will be accepted until 1/22/18.
Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability,
members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.