John Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, Postdoctoral Fellowships
Oct 08, 2014 → Jan 02, 2015
The Hecht-Levi Fellowship Program in Bioethics Invites applications for two-year funded postdoctoral fellowships to begin in September 2015
The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics is pleased to announce a new postdoctoral fellowship program, the Hecht-Levi Fellowship Program in Bioethics.
This two year post-¬‐doctoral fellowship seeks new fellows to begin September 2015. The main goal of the Fellowship is to launch the careers of the next generation of bioethics scholars, so there is considerable protected time for research and publication. Fellowship responsibilities can be coordinated with clinical duties for trainees at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine or School of Nursing.
The Hecht-Levi Fellowship Program provides two-year postdoctoral positions that include:
• Weekly seminars including presentations and discussions with the leading policy makers and academics in the field;
• Individualized research program;
• Post-¬‐doctoral mentoring in bioethics;
• Professional development training;
• Participation in the Berman Institute’s outreach efforts via social media;
• Coursework and/or teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background); • A total financial package for two years of $52,000 per year, including individual health insurance;
• A modest annual discretionary fund for travel to relevant conferences
Fellowship recipients must reside in the Baltimore metropolitan area during the term of the fellowship. Doctoral or professional degree in relevant disciplinary area required. Prior bioethics study or experience is desirable but not required.
Application review will begin December 15, 2014
Please send a cover letter, CV, three letters of reference, copy of graduate transcript, a writing sample, and a personal statement to:
Jeffrey Kahn, PhD, MPH
Hecht-Levi Fellowship Program in Bioethics Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics
1809 Ashland Avenue Baltimore, MD 21205-1996
Phone: (410) 614-¬‐5590 Fax: (410) 614-¬‐5360
Additional inquiries may be directed to Prof. Kahn at Kahn. The Johns Hopkins University is an Affirmative Acting/Equal Opportunity Employer.