Université de Montréal, CREUM, Postdoctoral Fellowships
Feb 06, 2014 → May 16, 2014
Call for applications
The mission of the CRÉUM is to contribute to research in ethics and to the quality of graduate training in all fields of ethics from meta-ethics to applied questions.
We encourage applications from researchers working on themes related to the research axes of the CRÉUM : ethics and economics, ethics and the environment, ethics and health, ethics and politics, meta-ethics. We also admit applications from other disciplines, provided their research is directly linked to questions in ethics.
The Université de Montréal is a francophone institution. Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of the French language to be able to participate in the activities of the centre.
General rules :
* In order to apply, candidates must have obtained their Ph.D. after April 30, 2009.
* Canadian candidates must have submitted their thesis before September 1st, 2014.
* International applicants must have defended their thesis before September 1, 2014, so they can to meet the requirements relating to issuance of visa.
* We strongly encourage applicants to apply for funding from external agencies such as the FRQ-SC or SSHRC.
The CREUM will offer to its fellows :
* A postdoctoral grant of 3 000$ per month ;
* An individual workstation ;
* Access to the services of the University of Montreal (libraries, sports center, etc.) ;
* Assistance for material organisation of the stay.
In return, the fellows are expected to :
* Pursue the research project as submitted ;
* Participate in the Center’s activities (conferences, seminars, lectures) ;
* Using those activities to present their ongoing research to their fellow researchers.
* Be present at the Center on a regular basis.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria :
* The nature and quality of the research project and its relevance to the mission of the CRÉUM ;
* The quality of previous research by the applicant and the potential benefits to the applicant from a stay at the centre.
Candidates should send the following documents to the CRÉUM :
* their curriculum vitae ;
* an article written or published over the last three years ;
* a research project of up to 1500 words ;
* two letters of reference (to be sent directly to the CRÉUM before the deadline) ;
* A doctoral academic transcript (if possible) ;
* The properly filled up form (see below).
Application deadline : April 30th, 2014.
Please send your dossier, by email, to Valéry Giroux, CRÉUM coordinator, at : Giroux.
English Form CREUM