CREUM, University of Montreal, Canada, CREUM Postdoctoral Fellowship
Mar 30, 2013 → May 03, 2013
Center for Research on Ethics of University of Montreal (CREUM), Montreal, Canada
CREUM Postdoctoral fellowship
Deadline: April 30, 2013
The Centre de recherche en éthique de l’Université de Montréal (CRÉUM) invites applications for its postdoctoral research fellowship (grant up to $27 000) for the period of the academic year 2013-2014. The length of the stay can vary depending on the dossier and the kind of research envisaged.
The mission of the CREUM is to contribute to research in ethics and to the quality of graduate training in all fields of ethics from meta-ethics to applied questions.
We encourage applications from researchers working on themes related to the research axes of the CREUM : ethics and economics, ethics and the environment, ethics and health, ethics and politics, meta-ethics. We also admit applications from other disciplines, provided their research is directly linked to questions in ethics.
The Université de Montréal is a francophone institution. Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of the French language to be able to participate in the activities of the centre.
General rules :
- In order to apply, candidates must have obtained their Ph.D. after April 30, 2008.
- Canadian candidates must have submitted their thesis before September 1st, 2013.
- International applicants must have defended their thesis before September 1, 2013, so they can to meet the requirements relating to issuance of visa.
The CREUM will offer to its fellows:
- A postdoctoral grant of 3 000$ per month;
- An individual workstation ;
- Access to the services of the University of Montreal (libraries, sports center, etc.) ;
- Assistance for material organisation of the stay.
In return, the fellows are expected to :
- Pursue the research project as submitted ;
- Participate in the Center’s activities (conferences, seminars, lectures) ;
- Using those activities to present their ongoing research to their fellow researchers.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria :
- The nature and quality of the research project and its relevance to the mission of the CRÉUM ;
- The quality of previous research by the applicant and the potential benefits to the applicant from a stay at the centre.
Candidates should send the following documents to the CRÉUM :
- their curriculum vitae;
- an article written or published over the last three years;
- a research project of up to 1500 words ;
- two letters of reference (to be sent directly to the CRÉUM before the deadline) ;
- A doctoral academic transcript (if possible) ;
- The properly filled up form (download on our website): CREUM.
Application deadline : April 30th, 2013.