CREUM, University of Montreal, Canada, GRIN Postdoctoral Fellowship
Mar 30, 2013 → May 03, 2013
University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
GRIN Postdoctoral fellowship
Deadline: April 30, 2013
The Groupe de Recherche Interuniversitaire sur la Normativité (GRIN) is pleased to offer a postdoctoral fellowship worth up to $ 27,000 for the academic year 2013-2014. The internship period may vary based on the record submitted and the nature of the research.
The GRIN’s mandate is to study normativity as it unfolds in four major areas of philosophy : ethics, action theory, philosophy of mind and epistemology (for details, see our website (in french only)). The postdoctoral fellow will be supervised by a member of the GRIN and will be attached to the Centre for Research on Ethics of the University of Montreal (CREUM), whose mission is to contribute to interdisciplinary research in the areas of ethics.
GRIN is a bilingual research group, but the Université de Montréal is a francophone institution. Candidates must have sufficient abilities in both french and english to enable them to participate in activities organised by the GRIN.
General rules :
• In order to apply, candidates must have obtained their Ph.D. after April 30, 2008.
• Canadian candidates must have submitted their thesis before September 1st, 2013.
• International applicants must have defended their thesis before September 1, 2013, so they can meet student/working visa requirements.
The CREUM will offer to its fellows:
• A postdoctoral grant of 3 000$ per month;
• An individual workstation;
• Access to the services of the University of Montreal (libraries, sports center, etc.) ;
• Assistance for material organisation of the stay.
In return, the fellows are expected to :
• Pursue the research project as submitted ;
• Help to organised the GRIN’s workshop ;
• Participate in the GRIN’s activities (conferences, seminars, lectures) ;
• Using those activities to present their ongoing research to their fellow researchers.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria :
• The nature and quality of the research project and its relevance to the mission of the GRIN ;
• The quality of previous research by the applicant and the potential benefits to the applicant from a stay at the centre.
Candidates should send the following documents to the CREUM :
• their curriculum vitae ;
• an article written or published over the last three years ;
• a research project of up to 1500 words ;
• two letters of reference (to be sent directly to the CREUM before the deadline) ;
• A doctoral academic transcript (if possible) ;
• The properly filled up form (download on our website), CREUM
Application deadline : April 30th, 2013.