Canadian Philosophical Association 2013, Call for Papers, Symposia, Round Tables, and Workshops
Sep 10, 2012 → Jun 14, 2013
Canadian Philosophical Association
CALL FOR PAPERS, SYMPOSIA, ROUND TABLES AND WORKSHOPS
2013 Annual Congress
University of Victoria
Victoria, British Columbia, June 2 to June 5, 2013
Keynote Speaker: Charles Siewert (Rice University)
1) All submitters must be current members of the CPA. On-line payment is available through the CPA web site. Also, all congress participants must pay congress registration fees to the CFHSS and to the CPA.
2) SSHRC has discontinued its Aid and Attendance Grants to Scholarly Associations funding; partial reimbursement of travel costs will only be available to students, part-time faculty and unemployed members.
1) All texts must be submitted in English or in French through the EasyChair Conference System and only through this means. Authors must be registered with EasyChair; registration is free and permanent. Click here for the paper submission portal. The deadline for submitting is midnight Sunday January 7, 2013. Please state clearly in which discipline (listed below) the paper should be submitted. In case of doubt, please contact the Programme Chair.
2) Limit of two submissions per author.
3) Limit of one paper in any one discipline.
4) The submitted papers must be prepared for double-blind refereeing: all information leading to the identification of the author must be removed.
5) The text must not exceed 4,000 words; papers exceeding this word count will not be considered. The word count does not include the bibliography or notes.
6) The submission must include an abstract with a maximum of 75 words.
7) Please give a short title.
8) Submitters are invited to identify themselves as students or faculty in order to be eligible for the Student Essay Prize or for the Faculty Essay Prize.
9) Individuals interested in commenting on papers should contact the Executive Director by February 15, 2013. Please indicate if you are willing to comment in English on papers delivered in French.
10) Speakers and commentators will most likely be asked to chair an adjacent session.
SYMPOSIA, ROUND TABLES AND WORKSHOPS:
1) Proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted by November 15, 2012. Please include a list of tentative participants. All participating Canadian philosophers must be current members of the CPA.
2) The length of the session is limited to a half-day.
3) Limit of one symposium proposal per organizer.
4) All proposals for symposia, round tables and workshops must be submitted to the Executive Director (.doc, .docx or .rtf preferred).
5) Please state in which discipline (listed below) the symposium should be submitted. If it belongs to more than one, please indicate them in descending order of importance. In case of doubt, please contact the Programme Chair.
6) PLEASE NOTE THAT STRONG PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO SUBMISSIONS THAT INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE PRESENTATION IN FRENCH.
1. History of philosophy
2. Contemporary European philosophy
3. Social and political philosophy
4. Philosophy of law
5. Decision theory
6. Philosophy of mathematics
8. Philosophy of language
9. Philosophy of mind
10. Ancient and medieval philosophy
11. Philosophy of arts and aesthetics
13. Philosophy of religion
14. Philosophy of science
15. Feminist philosophy
18. Non-Western philosophies
PROGRAMME CHAIR Guillaume Fréchette; E-mail: Guillaume
CPA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Louise Morel; Tel.: (613) 236-1393, ext. 2454; E-mail: Morel